PRACTICE PATIENTS’ CHARTER
- Provide immediately necessary treatment & routine care to our registered patients within our Practice area.
- Refer you to a a specialist or second opinion if we feel it is in your best interests
- Be prepared to give an explanation of any proposed treatment.
- Give access to your health records, if appropriate as stipulated by law.
- Ensure that our staff maintains strict confidentiality of those records.
- Ask you before your consultation whether you object to the presence of any student undergoing training.
- Ask prior to consultation consent to video consultation for training purposes.
- Respect your cultural and religious beliefs and your right of privacy and dignity.
- Be sure you know whom you are dealing with.
- Treat you with courtesy and respect. We in turn expect the same from our patients.
Patients being violent or abusive to the doctors or staff will be removed from our Practice list.
- Courtesy to staff at all times - remember they are working under doctors' orders.
- Responding in a positive way to questions asked by the reception staff.
- To attend appointments on time or give the practice adequate notice that they wish to cancel. Someone else could use your appointment ! .
- An appointment is for one person only - where another member of the family needs to be seen or discussed, another appointment should be made and the Medical records can be made available.
- patients should make every effort when consulting the surgery to make best use of nursing and medical time - home visits should be medically justifiable and not requested for social convenience.
- When patients are asked to give 48 hours notice for repeat prescriptions, please give us this time as it is to allow for accurate prescribing.
- Out of hours calls (eg evening, nights & weekends) should only be requested if they are felt to be truly necessary.